Six Green Ministers were appointed in October as part of a new coalition government in Denmark. The Green Socialist Party, which is an observer party of the European Greens, is in government with two other parties. The Green party Ministers and their responsibilities are (pictured from left to right):
- Möger Thor Pedersen, Minister for Taxation
- Ida Auken, Minister for the Environment
- Pia Olsen Dyhr, Minister for Trade and Investment,
- Villy Søvndal, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Ole Sohn, Minister for Business Affairs and
- Astrid Krag, Minister for Health
The three parties entered into a coalition agreement after 2 weeks of negotiation and the Greens secured a number of wins including the introduction of a budget boost to the education system, improvements to the treatment of asylum seekers and the banning of endocrine disruptor chemicals in food and toys.
11/05/2011 – 12:00