The Australian Greens International Development Committee (AG-IDC) is offering travel grants for delegates from the Asia-Pacific Greens Network (APGN) to attend an Election Study Tour (September 8-15th 2013).
Two Election Study Tours will be held simultaneously in two major Australian state capitals: Sydney (New South Wales) and Perth (Western Australia); and will coincide with Australia’s Federal Elections on September 14th, 2013.
The Election Study Tours are part of the AG-IDC’s work to develop emerging and established Green parties in the Asia Pacific. Participants will acquire first-hand experience in how the Australian Greens prepare and campaign for Federal elections. The Election Study Tours are intended to build the capacity of future APGN trainers to support elections across the Asia Pacific region.
- Learn about Australian politics, parliamentary procedures, the Australian voting system and measures to ensure the integrity of the electoral process;
- Observe Greens meetings and gain training on activities such as door-knocking, campaign strategy, engaging volunteers, fundraising and social media;
- Meet Green parliamentarians, candidates and party workers in a range of inner-metropolitan and regional seats to discuss their motivations, challenges and experiences;
- Work with Greens candidates in a number of key campaigns to assist with volunteer recruitment, stalls, staffing polling booths and scrutineering.
The travel grants are being offered to 10 delegates from across the Asia-Pacific Region. Each travel grant will cover airfares, travel insurance and low-cost travel expenses (meals and incidentals). Accommodation will be arranged through billeting.The grants are prioritized for:
- Delegates from ODA countries; non-ODA countries however will also be considered.
- APGN member organisations who have been a long standing greens supporter;
- Competent English speakers;
- Those who have a valid passport
To apply for a travel grant please fill in the attached AG-IDC Travel Grant Application Form and return it by email to [email protected] by 5pm AEST, June 3rd.
The Election Study Tour Form
- First name:
- Last name:
- Home address:
- Email address:
- Skype name:
- Landline phone number (international format):
- Mobile phone number (international format):
- Person to be contacted in case of emergency (name, address, phone numbers, email address):
- Member of which Green Party/APGN friend:
- Number of years involved in Green politics (within the party and your local community):
- Passport number and expiration date:
- ＊In a one page explain why you would like to attend the AG-IDC and outline how you will use the experience to help the Greens in your home country:
05/16/2013 – 10:49