The Asia Pacific Young Greens Network (APYGN) was first convened last February 2005 in Kyoto, Japan during the 1st Asia Pacific Greens Network Meeting. During that time it was declared as a loose network which will facilitate exchanges of ideas and activities to promote green ideologies in principles to young people in the region. APYGN created a mailing list which is facilitated by two coordinators from Asia and the Pacific. In preparation for the 2nd Asia Pacific Greens Network Congress in Taiwan this April 30-May 2, 2010 it is crucial for the APYGN to meet before the actual APGN congress and discuss important issues confronting the youth of the region.
The Asia Pacific Young Greens Network (APYGN) 2010 Congress is designed to discuss critical issues pertaining to the structure and foundation of the network. It is expected that the discussion will focus on the following issues:
- What will be the structure of APYGN? How will it operate and where will the secretariat be based?
- Who is eligible to become a member of APYGN? Shall we propose to become the youth arm of the Asia Pacific Greens Network or not?
- How are we going to sustain the network and its operations?
- What are the key issues we want to focus on which are directly related to us becoming young greens of the region?
Due to the limitation of time during the youth congress itself, several online meetings will be initiated prior to the actual youth congress. It is strongly encouraged that all participants of the youth congress commit to attend the online forum.
Who can participate?
There will be three (3) types of participants during the youth congress they are as follows:
TYPE A: Official Youth Representative from the Party: S/he is a member or part of the official delegation of a green party from a country recognized by APGN.
TYPE B Associate Participant: S/he is a member of an environmental organization or movement in the region recognized by or with pending membership application to APGN for associate membership.
TYPE C Observer and Enthusiast: S/he does not belong to any environmental organization/movement/party but who wish to understand the process and learn from it.
Each type of participants will play vital role in the congress. That is why it is critical for the participants to carefully choose what type of participants they want to become.
All participants are expected to submit the following requirements:
- Application form. DOWNLOAD HERE. Please sent the form to [email protected]
- For Type A Participants – Certification from your Party For Type B Participants – Certification from your organization/movement For Type C Participants – Certification of Individual Representation (All pre-formatted certifications are attached in the application forms as annexes)
Schedule of Online Meeting and Forum: (time and mode to be announced)
- March 20, 2010 (Saturday) – APYGN Structure and Membership (part 1)
- March 27, 2010 (Saturday) – APYGN Structure and Membership (part 2)
- April 3, 2010 (Saturday) – Sustaining APYGN
- April 10, 2010 (Saturday) – APYGN Programs and Networking
- April 17, 2010 (Saturday) – Finalizing the working documents To be announced
The output of the following online meeting will be put into one working paper which will be properly deliberated during the actual congress on the 29th of April, 2010.
DRAFT ProgrammePre-Congress – Wednesday 04/28/2010 14:00-18:00 – Arrival in Taipei/Registration
Thursday 04/29/2009 Asia Pacific Young Greens Network Congress
08.30-09.00 – Registration
09.00-09.30 – Opening Remarks
09.30-10.00 – Introduction and APYGN Background
10:00-10:30 – Ice-breakeres and getting to know each other
10:30-11:00 – Explanation of Working Groups
- Working Group I : APYGN Structure and Membership
- Working Group II : APYGN Networking and Strategies
- Working Group III : APYGN Key Programs and Activities
11:00-12:00 – Working Group Discussions
12:00-13:30 – Lunch
13:30-15:30 – Working Group Discussions continuation
15:30-18:30 – Outcome presentation, consolidation and adaption
Friday April 30 – May 02, 2010 ASIA PACIFIC GREENS NETWORK 2010 CONGRESS OFFICIAL DAY
The Youth Congress Participants are expected to participate in the APGN congress. There will be special cases and time where all youth participants are requested to meet during the breaks for lobbying strategies during the congress.
ABOUT THE WORKING GROUP SESSIONS
- Participants will be divided into 3 Working Groups. They will remain in the same Working Group that will meet in all sessions, to enable them to engage in more in-depth exchange on the issues covered by each Working Group.
- Participants will be consulted at the first session of each Working Group on the list of items to be discussed, and modifications to the list will be made accordingly.
- Each Working Group will have a designated Facilitator who will steer and guide the discussions at each session. The Facilitator is tasked to manage the discussion with maximum efficiency, with a view both towards ensuring a good exchange of perspectives and producing a set of recommendations.
- Each Working Group will select/appoint a Rapporteur from amongst themselves. The Rapporteur shall be responsible for capturing the main points of discussion and recommendations at each session, for all sessions.
- Each Working Group’s Rapporteur and Facilitator shall draft the Report of the Working Group. Each Working Group’s Facilitator will make a presentation of its Report at the final Plenary Session.
- The General Rapporteur designated by the Conference organisers will facilitate the working process and provide guidance to the Facilitator and Rapporteur of each Working Group.
- The General Rapporteur will compile the reports of all three Working Groups and draft the General Report of the Conference.
The Working Groups have been assigned the following topics:
Working Group I APYGN Structure and Membership
Working Group II APYGN Networking and Strategies
Working Group III APYGN Key Programs and Activities
03/09/2010 – 11:38