The Asia Pacific Greens Network (APGN) sends our hearty congratulations on the La Federación des Partidos Verdes de las Américas (FPVA) achievement in holding your 2012 General Assembly.
This is a wonderful opportunity to reflect on the FPVA’s strengths and areas for further growth; as well as to demonstrate to the world how the Greens’ core values can be applied in various contexts.
At this General Assembly participants can make connections that create new possibilities, collaborate across boundaries to address challenges, deepen understanding and empathy for each other’s experiences, and foster synergies among different organizations’ unique capabilities.
Greens in the Asia Pacific look forward to learning about the successes, challenges and cultures of Greens in the FPVA. We recognize that humanity faces similar experiences across the globe and we want to work together with you to enable leaders, communities and networks in critical systems to facilitate societal, environmental and economic well-being on a scale that matters.
The APGN invites the FPVA to work with us in campaigns of common interest, to meet us whenever you visit the Asia Pacific, and simply develop a constructive relationship together. As Greens, we are family because we share the same home and come from the same fundamental origins in the ecology of life. You have family on the other side of the globe. Here in the Asia Pacific, we celebrate the FPVA’s gathering to advance and strengthen the Global Greens so that we may together foster a better world for future generations.
May the FPVA thrive!
With very warm camaraderie,
The Asia Pacific Greens Network.
Keli Yen, APGN Convener
About the Asia Pacific Greens Network (APGN):
The APGN is a federation of national Green parties, social and environmental organisations from across Asia and Oceania and serves as a medium for the cultivation of green perspectives and the realization of the Global Greens Charter which articulates our core values of:
- Social justice’s interdependence with environmental justice;
- Participatory democracy, in which all citizens have the right to express their views, and directly participate in the environmental, economic, social and political decisions which affect their lives;
- Nonviolence, asserting that security does not rest on military strength but on cooperation, sound economic and social development, environmental safety, and respect for human rights;
- Sustainability, so the needs of both present and future generations are satisfied;
- Respect for Diversity, to build respectful, positive and responsible relationships across lines of division in the spirit of a multicultural society; and
- Ecological Wisdom, acknowledging that humanity depends on the planet’s resources and must ensure the resilience of life supporting systems.
The Global Greens are organized into four federations in the Americas, Africa, Europe and Asia-Pacific (APGN). Currently, there are fourteen full Members and five Associate Members of the APGN from South Korea, Japan, Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Taiwan and Sri Lanka.
11/28/2012 – 13:00