September 26~29, 2014, Taipei, Taiwan
To oppose the expansion of nuclear power and the proliferation of nuclear weapons in Asia, anti-nuclear activists of Asian counties came together at Tokyo, Japan to hold the first” No Nukes Asia Forum (NNAF).
The 2014 forum will focus on following topics: the current situation of nuclear power, anti-nuclear movement and renewable energy in each country, the danger of nuclear power and radiation, how to strengthen the anti-nuclear movement and the importance of the international solidarity.
We welcome anyone who cares about energy and the environment to participate the forum to make NNAF a great success for the solidarity of anti-nuclear movement.
The registration form is attached.
|September 25 (Thursday)||Foreign guests arrive|
|September 26 (Friday)|
Night: Welcome party
Daytime: NTNU – International Conference Center
Night: The Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
Afternoon: Visit Chi-Lin Foundation
Night: Dinner with Mr. Lin, Yi-Hsiung
Daytime: NTNU-SCE, Lecture hall 1F
Daytime: Visit NPP1,2 and 4
Night: Farewell Party
Daytime: Shimen, Jinshan and Gongliao.
Daytime: Press Conference/ foreign guests leave
Optional Orchid Island visit
|9/30 (Saturday)||Optional Orchid Island visit|
1. The registration fee is 300 USD for each person.
2. We will provide the airfare and accommodation for one person from each Asian country (country report needed) besides Taiwan,
Japan and Korea.
3. For those who would like to participate the forum, please fill up the register form and mail to us before 8/22(Fri).
4. For Orchid Island visit (optional), the expense will be USD 300 (including airfare and accommodation, food, insurance, bus on the island). For making proper arrangement, we also need to know who would like to join in before 8/27 (Wed.)
5. If you would like to make a presentation, please contact us and provide an abstract as soon as possible before 8/22(Fri). We will decide the speakers before 8/31(Sun).The speaker should submit the manuscript before 9/10(Wed).
6. The forum will focus on following topics: the current situation of nuclear power, anti-nuclear movement and renewable energy in each country, the danger of nuclear power and radiation, how to strengthen the anti-nuclear movement and the importance of the international solidarity.
7. Every speaker will have 20 minutes report time (Q&A is included), but keynote speech will get 10 minutes more.
Optional Trip: Visit Orchid Island
Date: Leave September 29th
Note: Please note that Orchid Island visit is optional, the expense will be USD 300 (including airfare and accommodation, food, insurance, bus on the island). For making proper arrangement, we also need to know who would like to join in before 8/27 (Wed)
Orchid Island is located at the south east part of Taiwan. The residents are aboriginal people. There is a storage site of low-level radioactive wastes on the island.
Tentative schedule of the trip
|9/29 (Monday)||Go12:00||Go to airport||Depart 13:15|
|14:40||Transport to Orchid Island|
|15:05||Arrive Orchid Island|
|15:30||Arrive Lan0yu (Orchid Island) Township|
|16:00-17:00||Visit radiation active waste storage site||Tao Foundation|
|09:30-11:00||Meet local people||Lan-an Foundation|
|13:30-15:00||Trip to Orchid island|
|15:40||Go to airport||Depart 16:30|
|16:55||Arrive Tai-tung (台東）|
For more information contact: [email protected]
08/26/2014 – 18:02